by ELYZABETH

One day I woke up and Everything changed. I thought I was normal, but that thought went away. I was scared, scared that I would never be the same. I thought I would be treated differently. So when I walked into the room all I could see was doctors all around me. I am deaf, deaf is all I’ll ever be. I thought why? why me? Why could this be happening to me? It’s been four years now. And I wonder how, how could this be? I feel how normal this could be. I finally realized that I’d somehow get over the fact that I’m deaf, and deaf is all I will ever be. Being deaf has not taken control of me. Not yet at least. I still have my sense of smell, sight, feel, and taste. If I lost those I would loose control. But at least I lost one and not another. I am blessed with just one and not two, or three. Being deaf does not stop me from being “Me.” I can still be a poet, writer, or maybe an artist. So deaf is not all I’ll ever be.

Tagged with:

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Visit our friends!

A few highly recommended friends...

Set your Twitter account name in your settings to use the TwitterBar Section.