Stay on Track This April: Monthly Challenge

track of what you are eating

When this time of year rolls around, it sometimes becomes a challenge to stay on track — not only with your workouts, but also with what you are eating.  Here lately, I have constantly been on the go, leaving little time for me to eat the way I regularly do.  I often find myself eating at odd times, or sometime bits and pieces here and there.  At times I feel sluggish and less energized.  Therefore, I have decided to take initiative and keep track of what I am eating this month.  I have no “end goal,” in mind, but I would like to be more mindful about what I put into my body on a daily basis.  I am beginning this week, using the Myfitness pal app on my iPad and my iPhone.  I will do my best to post my fuel (as well as my workouts) everyday and will check in with you after each week.  There are a number of ways to track — macros (#IIFYM), calories, points, plates, containers, etc.  You should do what works for you.  I am simply tracking calories to see the nutrient density of what I am eating.  There are great apps out there such as Macros or Livestrong, or you can just write things down.  Even though things might get crazy and feel out of control, there is always time to get back on track!

For a few more app ideas, click here.

myplate

myplate app

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/04/06/stay-track-april-monthly-challenge/