SUMMER ’14 Challenge: Follow your feet

A nice (partly cloudy) England Summer :)

A nice (partly cloudy) England Summer 🙂

Hello Everyone!   Congrats all you Butler grads!  I hope you all have had a wonderful start to your summer — I know it hasn’t taken me that long to get into “vacation” mode.  It seems a lot has happened in one month.  I’ve visited England, visited my parents and continue making plans for the rest of the summer.  However, I want to make sure that I document my time away from campus.  One way I’ve found to do this is to follow my feet.  In other words, take a picture each day of where my feet take me  — whether it be walking downtown, laying out at home, or working on my fitness goals.  I have chosen to finish the month of June off with this challenge (because I think two weeks might be more feasible than four).  Therefore, everyday, I am going to take a picture of where my feet take me.  This can be anywhere — or no where.  The main idea here is to see how you spend your summer days (hopefully active!).  Pictured below you’ll see me trying this new wall sit challenge.  Y’ow, my quads are going to be sooooo sore.  If you think you’re up for the challenge, follow the post below. *Note: this challenge was adapted from an instagram workout find, but I decided to make it a bit more balanced (and challenging!).

these quads are on fire!

these quads are on fire!

Leggo — No Equipment Leg Workout: Repeat Circuit 3-4 times

50 Bodyweight Squats

50 Side Kicks (Both Sides — see instructions below)

50 Reverse Lunges (Both Sides)

60-100 Second Wall-sit (100 seconds for more advanced)

*Side Kicks: Stand with feet hip width apart, elbows bent and arms out in front of you as if you are putting up a “block.”  Lean your torso to the right side, and (maintaining a tight core) lift your left leg until it is parallel to the ground, kicking it out to the left side.  Reverse the leg back to the ground and repeat.  Do 25 reps on the left leg and 25 reps on the right leg

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/06/18/summer-14-challenge-follow-feet/