Welcome Back! A Summer Fitness Timeline

A COLD visit to Whitby Beach, UK back in May!

Hello all and welcome back to campus!  As the semester begins to unfold, I would like to take a minute and reflect on  summer.  Looking back, everything seemed to fly, but I actually managed to do a lot!  Below is a timeline outlining all of my fitness/healthy foodie finds and training over the past few months.  Take a look, and post some of your fitness highlights!

lakedistrict

May 22nd — Towards the beginning of my visit to the UK this summer, I explored the Lake District.  This was miles and miles of hiking and a lot of sheep!

June 5th — England was great, but is a little colder than here and always RAINING!  Girl’s still gotta workout, so I set up my own space.  It was a tight squeeze, but it still got me sweating!  Lots of wall-sits, push-ups and lunges!

May 28th — We were so lucky to visit London AND find this Korean restaurant in Soho!  All of their dishes are prepared with fresh vegetables, rice or noodles.  Try to say the restaurant name five times fast :).

carr5k

June 14th —  Here we are after the Carr 5k, in memory of my friend who passed away last summer.  It was a Camo American Rainbow Run (CARR), and it was a blast!

June 25th — Gorgeous day to begin training again!  #roadwork #racetraining

June 26-27 — It was so cool getting to work at the Therawheel booth for the NATA expo!  For more amazing info on this product, click here.  This tool is very user friendly — over 150 different ways to use it!

July 6th — It was another rainy day here in the states so I decided to bake something wholesome and yummy.I adapted this almond chocolate chip cookie recipe from Toneitup, but they were still extremely delicious.  My Pops approved.

July 28th — I really began to pick up my mileage at this point and I wanted to squeeze in a long run before our yearly trip to Chicago.  On almost all of my runs (a.k.a. when my phone is not dead), I use the Nike Running app.  I absolutely love it because it holds me accountable and sets my pace for me.  Like my socks? 😛

July 30th — a nice run along the Pier!  It was so hard to not stop and take even more pictures!

July 31rst — enjoying some nice Frushi at brunch in Chitown… this stuff is awesome and is made with all natural fruit and sweet rice!  You can find it at any Orange brunch restaurant location (I’ve only seen them in Chicago).

August 9th — an early-morning recovery run after returning to campus.  I am so happy to be back!

August 18th — my longest run so far into training (and for a while) — it was a humid one!  Very pumped, but it has been a while since I have ran a race.  Who else is doing the Indy Monumental on November 1rst?  See you at the finish line! 🙂

So here was my crazy summer in a nutshell — a lot of hiking, running and exploring new places and I wouldn’t have it any other way!  Comment below what training/explorations/healthy foods you had these past few months!  Be fit and be well everyone!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/08/25/summer-fitness-timeline/