#ThankfulThursday Monumental Experience

For some time now, I have considered myself a “runner,” but I never thought I would receive the title “marathon runner.”  I have ran a couple of halves but the big 26.2 always seemed so daunting!  However, this summer I really wanted to get back into long-distance running, so I gave a marathon training program a shot — and I liked it!  I finally got the courage to register myself for my first full, but I definitely still had my doubts.  I quickly found out that the marathon is just as much of a mental challenge as it is a physical one — maybe even more.  Therefore, I would like to dedicate this #ThankfulThursday to all of the people who kept me going, both during my training and the actual race.  Thank you HRC staff, for always giving me the thumbs up and “you-can-do-its.”  Thank you friends and family supporting this time commitment.  Thank you fellow runners, who gave me hope when I got tired.

IMG_2588 (2)

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Permanent link to this article: http://blogs.butler.edu/hrcblog/2014/11/06/thankfulthursday-monumental-experience/