DATE: Wednesday, April 16
TIME: 2:00 – 3:00 P.M.
LILLY HALL, Room 124
We Welcome & Encourage All Staff Members To Attend!
Presenters & Agenda:
Shari Richey, VP Advancement—Advancement Update
La Veda Howell, Executive Director of HR—HR Update
Special Note: This month’s meeting is being sponsored by Panera Bread. They will be providing free snacks and drinks, and giving a brief presentation. Thanks to Panera!
Welcome, New Staff!
Welcome to the Butler University Family!
- Beth Conder – Alumni & Parent Programs
- Timothy Davis - Information Technology
- Ben Shores - Operations
- Chris Smith – University Police
- Genevieve Sullivan – PuLSE Office
- Carly Vogel – Alumni & Parent Programs
- Pete Xander - Athletics
AND IN OTHER NEWS…
- The annual RELAY FOR LIFE is happening this Friday, April 11. A huge shout-out to Team DAWG Walkers and everyone who participated in any way, small or large! If you’re free starting at 6:00 pm on Friday, come on out and show your support and appreciation for everyone involved!
- The next “501″ social event is coming up on Thursday April 17 at Moe & Johnny’s. Come on out after work at 5:01 p.m. to have a drink, snack, or just conversation. We hope you will join us and take some time to get to know others on campus in a relaxed setting. Feel free to bring a friend!
- Butler University is excited to announce an exclusive membership savings program to SAM’S CLUB, for any employee of BU, up through April 30, 2014. For all the details and to download a promotional flyer for this great deal, check it out HERE!
- Did you know? Faculty and staff members have been getting together to have some fun, meet some new people, and play a game that is near and dear to Midwesterners, both native and adopted. If you are interested in receiving messages – and event invitations – for the inaugural season of the BU Euchre League, please complete this simple “Sign Me Up” form. You’ll be asked to provide your name, department at Butler, and a fun fact about yourself to help your fellow players get to know you better. We’ll host a weekly “Lunch and Play” (bring your own lunch) every Thursday from 12 noon to 1 in JH 312. Filling out the form linked above and getting on “the list” will prompt an Outlook meeting invitation to be sent to you, along with other League news and updates. For more information, please contact Tim Thomas.
- Did You Know? Healthy Horizons has partnered with Green BEAN Delivery to offer a great service to BU employees at a discount. Green BEAN Delivery is a year-round delivery service that brings the best selection of local and organic produce and natural groceries right to your doorstep. To learn more, contact Healthy Horizons or click HERE.
- In the spirit of recognizing the contributions and hard work of staff members, Butler University Staff Assembly annually acknowledges Difference Makers – employees who go above expectations to make a positive impact at Butler. Difference Makers will receive a $500, pre-tax award to be presented at the fall picnic and will be invited to a special event hosted by the President to honor their service. Faculty, staff, and students may nominate staff members for this program! Nomination deadline is May 1, 2014. Please visit the Difference Makers Webpage for more specific details and the link to the nomination form!
Stay informed! Subscribe to the Butler Staff Assembly Blog to have new posts conveniently delivered right to your inbox. Enter your e-mail on the home page, under the “Subscribe by Email” section.