On Friday, November 7, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. come to Holcomb Observatory for a celestial, wine night where Gary Hulseman will share his passion for wine and wine making. Enjoy refreshments, appetizers, wine tastings, wine lecture, observatory tour, and a planetarium show. There are two options for the wine lectures, 6:30-7:00 p.m. or 7:15-7:45 p.m., with 30 people per option. Open to Butler University faculty and staff. This is a highly attended event and space fills up quickly!
Cost: $10.00 per person
Timeline for the evening:
- Wine Lecture: 6:30-7:00 p.m. & 7:15-7:45 p.m.
- Observatory Tour: 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Silent Auction benefiting Relay for Life: 6:00-8:00 p.m.; winners announced shortly after.
- Planetarium Show: 8:15 p.m.
Please register here or email Jeremy Walthall if you want to register and pay with check or cash.
Sponsored by the Staff Assembly Activities and Socials Committee.
Don’t lose your grip on your financial priorities during end-of-the-year festivities. On Wednesday, October 29, 3:00–4:00 p.m., in the Johnson Board Room, Pete the Planner will help you step back and assess what you can learn from your financial life this year. Start the new year strong by first finishing this year right!
This program is sponsored by Healthy Horizons and Staff Assembly’s Personal and Professional Development Committee.
Reserve your spot through SignUpGenius.
Please plan to attend one of the following Healthcare Forums next week.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2:00–3:30 p.m. in JH-141
- Wednesday, October 22, p.m. 8:00–9:30 a.m. in PB-103
- Thursday, October 23, 8:30–9:30 a.m. in PB-156 (this session is one hour due to room availability)
These are the Healthcare Forums at which Vice President for Finance and Administration Bruce Arick will speak. Historically, these sessions preceded the open enrollment sessions. Open enrollment session dates and the open enrollment process will be announced soon.
FOOD, FUN, FRIENDS, AND FOOTBALL!
Brought to you by Staff Assembly Activities and Social Committee
When: Tailgate from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | Game starts at 12:00 p.m.
Where: Hinkle Fieldhouse Parking Lot, in front of Gate 4
What you need to know:
- We will have games, food, and fun all happening before the
Butler vs. SanDiego football game.
- Tickets are $10 for adults and $7 for youth (ages 3-12) and include game
admission, food and drinks. Game tickets will be handed out at the tailgate.
- Alcohol is allowed but will not be provided. (Please, no glass containers.)
RSVP to Terese McAninch, HRC
– Via website to pay with a credit card
– Via this form to pay with cash or check
Are you or your spouse due for your regularly scheduled breast cancer screening? The St. Vincent Mobile Mammography van will be on campus, Monday, November 3 from 9:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This screening is available to all Butler University faculty and staff, as well as their significant other. Students are also welcome to register if they meet the eligibility criteria. Please see the participant letter for eligibility requirements.
Registration is required and can be completed online or by filling out the patient registration form. Registration needs to be completed no later than Friday, October 17. Your results are confidential and will be sent directly to your primary care provider. Please contact Healthy Horizons at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-940-8143 with any questions.