Date: Wednesday, September 17
Time: 2:00–3:00 p.m.
Location: Clowes Memorial Hall
All staff members are welcome and encouraged to attend!
HR Update – La Veda Howell, Executive Director of Human Resources
Butler Dining – Nate Haugh, Aramark
Clowes Update – Josh Lingenfelter, Director of Marketing for Clowes
A card to be sent to Suzanne Fong, in honor of Dr. Fong, will be available for staff to sign. If you wish to make a memorial contribution, you may do so by giving to the Fong Scholarship, which was established at Butler in 2005.
Staff Assembly Committee Updates
Activities and Socials:
- The committee would like to invite you to our 501′s this year. What is a 501? It’s where you meet after work at 5:01 p.m. to have a drink, snack, or just conversation! All 501′s will meet at Twenty Tap (6406 N College Ave.). We hope you will join us and take some time to get to know others on campus in a relaxed setting. Feel free to bring a friend!
- The 501 schedule is as follows: October 9, November 13, January 8, February 12, March 12, and April 9.
- Committee members for this year: Scott Peden – Chair (Recreation), Tina Vawter (COPHS), Anila Din (HR), Katie Abernathy (COB), Sheila Blackwell (Financial Aid), Cheryl Hospodarsky (Business Office), Judy Malarney (Center for Global Education), and Kirk Young (IT).
- Their next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 16; the goal is to narrow focus of Process Improvement Plan and elevate highest priority to Staff Assembly Executive Committee.
- Congratulations, again, to our 2014 winners and thank you to all who make a difference at Butler!
- Job Performance and Attitude: Jen Agnew, Programs for Leadership and Service Education; David Board, Maintenance Services; Laura Green, Admission
- Making a Difference in the Butler Community: Chris Davis, Campus Impressions
- Service to Students: Angie Hewitt, Information Technology; Riki Lawrence, Learning Resource Center
Networking and Resources:
- We are still actively looking for more volunteers to serve as mentors/buddies to new staff on campus. It is a small commitment of time offering great emotional rewards. Please contact Judy Gauer at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Personal and Professional Development:
- The committee met recently and put together a tentative program schedule for 2014–2015. Once dates and times are confirmed, they will be posted on the Staff Assembly blog and placed in the Connection.
- Save the Date: October 29, 3–4 p.m., and join us for Pete the Planner’s discussion on “Future Life Purchases.” This session will help you prepare for future large purchases that are not necessarily scheduled in your current budget. More details will follow closer to the date of the event.
- Monthly tips from Healthy Horizons, the Health and Recreation Complex, and the Center for Academic Technology will be provided at each general meeting. We will post links to the monthly topics on the Staff Assembly blog.