The 2016 Open Enrollment period is November 2–16. Enrollment packets were mailed Monday, October 26. This year everyone must confirm, enroll in, or waive benefits using My.Butler.
Plan to attend one of the benefits Open Enrollment Information Sessions (presentation and conversation with HR benefits staff) to get:
- Answers to your benefit plan questions
- Instructions on how to enroll
- Information on new flex-spending vendor for medical and dependent care
- Monday, Nov. 2, 3:30-4:30 PM, JH 141
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 7:30-8:30 AM, JH 141
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2:30-3:30 PM, JH 141
- Thursday, Nov. 5, 7:30-8:30 AM, JH 141
- Monday, Nov. 9, 2:30-3:30 PM, JH 141
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, Noon-1:00 PM, GH 10
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 3:30-4:30 PM, JH 141
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 8:30-9:30 AM, JH 141
Note: The presentation will be recorded and published on the HR webpage.
Need a safety net or want to ask questions? HR staff will host 15 hours of Open Enrollment Workshops in the computer lab to provide hands-on assistance enrolling through my.butler. Be sure to bring your enrollment questions and decisions, so HR staff can help you enroll in benefits and access your enrollment confirmation.
Open Enrollment Workshops
- Tuesday, Nov. 3, 8:00-10:00 AM, JH 220
- Wednesday, Nov. 4, 4:00-6:00 PM, JH 220
- Thursday Nov. 5, 10:00-11:00 PM, JH 043 (yes, 10:00 PM)
- Monday, Nov. 9, 5:00-7:00 PM, JH 043
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 11:00 AM-12:30 PM, JH 220
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 4:00-5:30 PM, JH 041
- Friday, Nov. 13, 7:30-8:30 AM, JH 220
- Friday, Nov. 13, 2:00-3:30 PM, JH 220
- Monday, Nov. 16, 2:00-5:00 PM, JH 043
Tailgate at Men’s Soccer Game Sept. 16
It’s ‘Tailgate Time’ at Men’s Soccer on Wednesday, September 16. Join faculty and staff members at the Butler Bowl parking lot for fun and food before the Dawgs hit the turf against rival Indiana University. The tailgate will run from 5:30-7:00 PM with the game kicking off at 7:30 PM.
The tailgate package includes a game ticket, food, and drink all for a great, low price—adults $7, youth $5 (ages 3-12), kids under 3 are free. If you can only join us for the tailgate, get your food and drink package for $4. Food and drink are brought to you by Chick-fil-A.
RSVP to Kathy Hankins (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Thursday, September 10 at noon to reserve your spot. Cash and check should be taken to Kathy at Jordan Hall, Room 104 with checks made payable to Butler University. This event is open to faculty and staff only.
Let the Games Continue! Euchre and Paper Football!
The second year of the Butler Summer Games was a wonderful success this past summer. Thank you to all staff, faculty, and students who participated!
To continue the merriment and collegiality, Staff Assembly’s Activities and Socials Committee is sponsoring a weekly brown-bag-lunchtime gathering during the fall semester (and beyond).
We’ll have cards for euchre—and paper footballs to play, well, paper football! Beginners to both games are welcome—on-site instruction will be available. All staff, faculty, and students are welcome!
Day and Time: Wednesdays from Noon-1:00 PM, September 9–December 23
Location: JH 048
Please let Tim Thomas know if you have any questions or would like more information. Reach him at email@example.com or x8533.
The following individuals were recognized at this year’s “Welcome Back” event as the 2014-2015 Difference Makers.
Job Performance and Attitude
- Joey Wohlhieter
- Diana Todd
- Karen Farrell
Making a Difference in the Butler Community
Service to Students
- Lakisha Cooper
- Cathy Holland