Islam Introduction

As the second part of the semester gets underway, we shift our focus from China onto Islam and everything that it embodies and means. Personally, I do not have much of an understanding of what Islam is or what muslims stand for. I almost see that as a good thing because a lot of this information and content will be retained and applied. 

I really thought that the Islamic World Documentary Clip was a great starting point to establish some of the main aspects of Islam and what it is and what it is not. Things like Quran, Mohammed, mosque, Allah, and hajj are just a few of the main topics talked about. I have heard of these things before but do not have much knowledge about them. It was cool hearing about some of their beliefs including the 5 daily prayers, the observance of fasting, Hajj, Mohammed, and Allah. I also like how he stated that not all muslims are arabs, I think that is important to point out and make the distinction. Overall, I am excited to dive into the content and readings to enhance my learning and understanding.