Sufism

Sufism in general means the inner mystical dimension of Islam. Since it is so widespread it’s practices are extremely diverse, depending on what region it is in. Before orthodox Islam was established, mystics were the original Muslims and friends of Muhammad. Sufis believe that “the universe, with all of its seemingly complex entities, forms a unified whole, bound together by love”.  They often went against society culture and were sometimes looked down upon because of it.

Rumi was a poet, mystic and Muslim in the 13th century. Today, he is a best selling poet and even celebrities are seen influenced by him and quote him.

I was interesting in learning more about this because I was not educatde on the different divisions of Islam, or that Sufism even existed. I also thought it was interesting that someone who lived in the 13th century has had such a big impact on people today.

By nmsimpso

Hola! My llamo Natalie Simpson. Tengo 18 años, soy un estudiante en Butler University. Quiero ser un PA despues de universidad. Quiero obtener un minor en Español.