Visit To The IMA/Newfields

This weekend for our ICR we went to visit Newfields to see the Chinese art exhibit. Beeny Ko met us at the entrance and we walked through multiple exhibits as well as the Chinese exhibit. This overall was a great experience to see the many aspects of Chinese art including many preserved artifacts.

During this meeting I was very interested to see multiple Chinese artforms. We started walking through many of the other exhibits at the museum. Then finally worked to the Chinese exhibit. I was very interested to see items made of jade because this came up in a previous meeting when discussing the history of China. Another form of art that I was very interested in was the ceramic pots on display. The artworks on these were very ornate and detailed.

This meeting helped me gain appreciation for the Chinese artforms. It was great to meet with Benny to walk through the museum and be able to ask him any questions about the art pieces we were viewing. It was also very good to be able to see the artforms that we had previously discussed with Dr. Gonz Chua.