Categories
Uncategorized

10 Life Lessons from Confucius

I found the readings, and therefore the teachings, of Confucianism to be a little more confusing than the readings from the Tao Te Ching. I found this video that helped summarize some key lessons from Confucianism that we can apply to our real life.

I liked the first point that was focused on in the video. Finding beauty in everything is difficult to do, especially in our busy society today, is very important. I think this could be a parallel to the teaching of Taoism that is to find balance in everything. Our world can be so busy at time but appreciating the small moments in life is important to make life feel fulfilling.

The final point mentioned in the YouTube video was to embrace getting older. As a 21-year-old, I have embraced getting older, but it is well-known that many people wish they did not age. We spend countless hours doing pointless activities that do not bring us joy. However, if we appreciate getting older and becoming wiser, the video mentioned that you are more likely to engage in more fulfilling activities and life a healthier, happier life.

There is also a video by the same YouTube channel on the 10 life lessons of Taoism if you are interested.