Categories
Uncategorized

Fried Rice

As cooking has become one of my hobbies during quarantine, I decided to make one of my favorite Eastern dishes, fried rice. In the past, I have ate many authentic fried rice dishes from different Chinese establishments. Many fried rice dishes I’ve had have been prepared slightly differently. Some contain different vegetables such as peas, peppers, carrots, onions, sprouts and broccoli. Other fried rices contain meat, including shrimp, chicken, or beef. Some other proteins I’ve had in fried rice have included tofu and eggs. While mixing these ingredients into the rice, typical fried rice is made with soy sauce to create a brown color. 

To make my fried rice I used the ingredients that I had in my house. First I chopped and  grilled the vegetables that I was using in a frying pan. The vegetables I used were carrots, red peppers, yellow peppers, and broccoli. After grilling them I scrambled an egg and fried it with the vegetables. After this I added some cooked grilled chicken that I cooked for dinner the night before. Finally I added the white rice in and mixed it in with soy sauce. It was very tasty and was a good cooking project for the day!