Making Jesus More Human

As we touched on in class, movies and TV shows can help people realize that Jesus was a real person. Having grown up knowing the stories of Jesus, it has been easy for me to imagine them as just that, stories. I have grown up hearing and reading the words of Jesus which has made me read the stories as simply words on a page. Watching these movie clips of the Bible characters and specifically Jesus, makes them seem more like people. Currently, I am watching the TV show “The Chosen” which depicts Jesus and his disciples in their every day life and their journey. The show has been very helpful for me to understand the humanity of Jesus. It has made me understand that Jesus had real thoughts and real feelings and actually walked and talked like a real person. The show makes great cinematic choices that depicts Jesus as real but still godly. The music in the show is a huge factor that impacts the audience watching emotionally. A specific scene I can think of is when Jesus redeems Lilith. The content of the scene alone is very powerful, but the added music makes it very emotional and even more powerful. I really enjoy how this show uses music and the cinematic choices it makes to show and emphasize that Jesus and His disciples were real people and that they were human.