Zoom With Delvyn Case

Delvyn Case, went to a religious college, he teaches at a school in the music industry. Rocket Sleigh was his only popular song that he had wrote. It’s similar to a Christmas themed song, he compared it to movie music. He purposely makes his songs sound sad and in distress, but he learned that there’s other ways to learn about the Bible and the different approaches. There’s a lot of controversy about the Abraham and Isaac story, he made a version of this story where Abraham actually killed Isaac.” This amazing grace song that was sung at the end of the Abraham story, sounded like a different version from what I recall. It’s definitely more dramatic and noisy. It’s not as calm and comforting as I’ve heard it before but it’s kind of cool to hear a different version and with more noise/instruments. I think I could learn to appreciate Devlyn’s work, It makes me wonder though with his “love” for this story…What makes him love it so much and did he grow up in a christian home/background? I do like how he had an instrument representing his emotions. I got the love question answered. It’s complex and deep/challenging and he liked that and wanted to break it down.