Categories
Uncategorized

What Corona Virus feels like in my house, compared to what seems to be happening in the Middle East

Since my theme for blogs this week has been news in the Middle East and Corona Virus in the Middle East. I figured that it would be appropriate for me to write about what I’m reading from their news compared to what I’m experiencing in my own home.

While reading news about the Middle East it’s very easy to tell that the virus there is taking control of the entire region, with it’s statistics rapidly approaching those of Italy. The US is also exponentially climbing in number infected as well as number dead, this number just surpassed over 2,000 people today.

Of course not on the same level as the Middle East, but definitely similarly, Indianapolis simply does not have enough tests to test people who aren’t high risk. As I am a healthy 19 year old, I have been presumed positive by the state, and asked to self quarantine for 2 weeks. My mother can’t even get tested yet, and she has Lupus which puts her at a very high risk of being a fatality from this disease.

This though just doesn’t even touch the fact that many people, such as in Lebanon like we talked about earlier. Just aren’t even being communicated with simply because of documentation. I just found it interesting to compare what’s happening in my house, to what I can access on the news.