Categories
Uncategorized

The Cairo House

I wanted to comment on The Cairo House novel that we were to read earlier in the semester. I realized I never provided any commentary on what I took away from the novel and I wanted to share with you all: Much like he many readings for this course I felt that The Cairo House was a truly insightful and thought provoking texts. It really made me think about the storyline and want to care about the stories that were being told throughout. The life of Gigi was captivating and drew me in very easily. In fact, I was surprised at how enthralled I became with the story while I was reading it. As a result, the novel mad it very easy to learn about the culture and what the author was attempting to get across to the readers through the text. Although I have never been to Egypt the culture was portrayed in a way that made it easy to relate to the story as the reader. Despite the diverse pressures and experiences that she faced in the novel I feel like she was still a truly relatable character and as a result I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.