Digital Art Exhibit from Indiana University

Colors of Classical Art is a new digital museum exhibit highlighting the permanent collection of classical pieces through the perspective of color. Curated by Juliet Graver Istrabadi, Acting Curator of Ancient Art and Julie Van Voorhis, Associate Professor of the History of Art, the exhibit is the result of a close collaboration between the Indiana University Art Museum and the Department of the History of Art. The  website was developed both to enhance the experience of the visitor to the exhibition in the IU Art Museum and to provide access to the exhibition for those unable to attend in person; it also is intended to stand alone as a resource on the techniques, artistic uses, and cultural significance of color in ancient art after the exhibition closes.

Check it out!

Author: Wendy Vencel

I am a senior at Butler University majoring in History and Classics, minoring in Anthropology. I am currently an intern with the Ancient Mediterranean Cultures and Archaeology (AMCA) Mobile Lab at Butler. I have been able to study abroad twice with the Classics Department, first to Italy in Summer 2016 and then to Greece in Summer 2017. I am originally from Bloomington, IN and plan to attend a post graduate program in the UK upon my graduation from Butler. My greatest accomplishment as a lab intern was working on the osteological collection held by the lab.