Welcome New Interns!

As the 2017-2018 school year is coming to a close the AMCA Mobile Lab is transitioning to a new set of lab interns. We are delighted to welcome Lilly Hinckley and Gracie Munroe to take over the internship positions starting next fall. Below you can read a little bit about the new interns, they’re very excited to take over the responsibilities of the lab!

Lilly Hinckley (left): I am sophomore at Butler University studying English Literature and Classical Languages. I’m originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, and I have always had an avid interest in the ancient world. I took Latin for seven years before coming to Butler, and I knew it was something I wanted to continue with. I declared my major after taking a fantastic class (TI: Roman Perspectives) with Dr. Bungard my freshman year. My interest in classics also motivated me to become treasurer of BU’s classics club. Though my plans for the future are still uncertain, I can’t wait to explore the classics in more depth during my time here at Butler and beyond!

Gracie Munroe (right): I am a junior student majoring in Political Science and Classical studies here at Butler University, but originally, I hail from the small town of Crawfordsville, Indiana. I really gained an interest and love for Classics during my second semester at Butler in Dr. Kvapil’s PCA Greek Art and Myth, inspiring me to declare a major in the study. Since then, I have had the pleasure of taking multiple Classics courses, including the languages of Latin and starting in Fall 2018, Greek. After Butler, I hope to both utilize and fuse my background in Classics and Political Science in the Non-profit world. I’m so excited to continue to learn and explore the culture and languages of the ancient world throughout my time here at Butler and after.