Imagine the Possibilities – The Presidential Inauguration

This past semester I had the opportunity to participate in the President’s Inauguration.  I have always been a proud Butler student, so when I was asked to participate in the festivities I was thrilled.  A student representative from each college would speak at the Inauguration Gala.  To prepare for the big night, the wonderful Miss Meg Haggerty took a group of girls shopping for dresses.  We had a blast that day getting to know one another and finished the perfect day at Chik-fil-a.  The group met a few more times to practice our speeches and try to relieve our jitters.

When the big night arrived, I was so nervous!  I had practiced my speech so many times, but what if I messed it up during the one time it counted?  I was accompanied by my date and BUSF member, Alex Snyder, who eased my nerves.  We arrived to a packed house at the Indiana Museum of Art, which is right down the road from campus.  Everyone was decked out in beautiful dresses and tuxes.  I had the opportunity to meet many Butler Alumni, faculty, and staff.   Later that night, we were escorted to dinner.  It was absolutely gorgeous and there was an amazing blue fountain that was the backdrop for the podium.   Our table was very energetic and entertaining and included University Vice President, Levester Johnson, faculty members, and a board member.   It was refreshing hearing about how excited they were for Butler’s future.  After an amazing dinner, I was pulled away right before dessert.  The six of us were placed in our spots throughout the room until it was our moment.  When it came to us, Kyle Inskeep was the first to speak.  He spoke so well that it gave me the confidence and reassurance that I could do the same.  I did not glance at my note card and the words flowed better than I could have hoped.

I will never forget this unbelievable night filled with so many wonderful individuals.  It was such an honor to be included in such a wonderful group of Butler students that had done so much for the University.  I could not have come up with a better way to wrap up my college career at Butler.  President Danko will continue to lead Butler in a positive direction, and I could not have been more thrilled to be a part of such a momentous occasion!

BUSF Love and all dressed up…

Kyler Clark

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.