MG Reflection

Throughout my semester, I found every week that Real Business Experience was a class I looked forward to. This was because I felt that I was learning concepts were applicable to my life in my future beyond my college experience. Not only did this happen but in the course I also got to work hands on by creating a business with my fellow peers. I specifically gained self development for a future life in the business world through teamwork and PowerPoints. In the business world, many people have to come together and work as a team to create something. This is very hard sometimes because everyone has their opinions and personalities. However, if you right off the bat figure out the personalities and views of your team you can have a positive work force. My team ended up being one of the best teams I have ever worked in. I truly believe this is we got to know each other’s personalities right as we started our business. We found what worked for us to work to our best abilities. When we did this we found that our business meetings never went long and we barely had arguments. This was a great takeaway that I can apply to my business classes in the future. Not only did I learn about teamwork but I also learned about communication through PowerPoint’s and how to take constructive criticism. One of the biggest fears in the world is public speaking and I learned to overcome this fear in RBE. I feel that I overcame this because of the comfortable environment of class and the feedback my team received after every presentation. Having feedback after every presentation helped me to recognize what needed to me changed and improved for our next presentation. This was very helpful because by the end of the semester I felt that it was very easy for me to communicate to my audience. I learned how to take criticism in a positive way instead of assuming that a person is attacking what I had to say. Many times we look at criticism in a negative light but I learned if you accept it and apply it to your work, it can help improve your presentation a lot.  I feel that RBE is a great course and really is an awesome experience at Butler.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.