The Bible and Music

How do we continue to evolve Christian music?

April 14, 2017 by csquatri · 1 Comment

I think there is a big stereotype around Christian music and what it is “supposed” to sound like.  It’s one of bad commercials featuring religious followers swaying in the audience, singing about their lord and savior.  None of this is inherently bad, but it does corner what people see as biblical music.  It narrows everyone’s mind about what Christian music is and can be.  Because of this, people don’t realize that many of their favorite songs reference the bible or another religion.  Artists often create around what is close to them and important in their life.  Many artists, just like everyone else, are religious or spiritual in some way and they incorporate this into their work.  I think this realization is the most important part in continuing to move religious music forward with every other genre of music.

Once audiences of all music genres realize they they are often listening to music that is religiously inspired, the old Christian music stereotype will start to crumble.  With a new mindset towards religious or spiritual music, artists may be more outspoken about the influences on their music and continue to evolve Christian music beyond its past stereotype.

Categories: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓

•   Anonymous // Apr 15th 2017 at 11:56 am

I like that you brought this up. I do not think that many people know how much God and the Bible inspire popular music. After doing some investigating on a few artists, I was shocked to see how God and the Bible inspired them.