The Bible and Music

My Other, Other Idea

May 8, 2018 by nrkeller · No Comments

I randomly had this idea when listening to the Moana songs that the kids I nanny adore. The youngest one’s favorite is You’re Welcome. When listening to the drums at the beginning it reminded me of something we had thought about in class where a group took Genesis 1 and planned to start off with silence and then bring in the music. So, thats what I tried to do here. I found the karaoke version of the song and recorded myself narrating it, thank you damaged vocal chords, in garageband and then created the song. It has Genesis 1:1-3, 6, 8, 9, 27, Genesis 2:1, Psalm 34:5, Psalm 28:7, and Psalm 16:11 NLT. I thought that the upbeat feeling and the percussion helped create a sense of newness and joy with the verses from the Bible. I throughly enjoyed making this, despite my dislike of my own voice. I added the Psalms because there felt like there was a lot of empty space without them and I had already selected the parts of Genesis that I wanted to use and did not want to add too many words, fearing they would be lost in the music.

Categories: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..