Not For Parents Great Britain Everything you ever want to know by Janine Scott and Peter Rees

I thought this book was very interesting and easy to understand. Sometimes I think kids learn to dislike history because it can be boring and it never changes but this book does a good job of keeping the reader’s attention and interest in reading about Great Britain. The book touches on everything from how to play rugby to the timeline of all the royals in the land. I really enjoyed this book because I learned little things that I didn’t even know. The book included big things like how James Young Simpson discovered liquid anesthetic but also small things like the “rules of drinking tea.” I think that this is a good book for all ages but especially late elementary and middle school. I think this is a time where kids start to dislike reading and even history so these “Not For your Parents” books are great ones to keep kids’ attention. The book makes you think you are reading a bunch of little facts when in the long run you are learning a lot more. This is a great read for anyone interested in Great Britain’s customs and history. It definitely has all the information that a textbook or the internet would have but keeps it simple and entertaining.