Parent’s Weekend

Hey Guys!

So, I’m having a typical Tuesday morning…homework and watching Ellen. I let my homework pile up this weekend because it was parents weekend! My family came down Saturday and took me grocery shopping which sounds lame, but believe me, Target runs are a major thing in college. We also hung out downtown. Downtown is literally ten minutes from campus. I’m from the Chicago area where parking is extremely expensive so I love love love going downtown and paying $1.50 for 3 hours of parking. There’s also a really cool food scene. We went to eat at The Ram. Delicious food and as a bonus…Brad Stevens was there! Sunday we went to the sorority open houses. I personally love the fact that rush is deferred to second semester here. I like the fact that I’ve gotten an opportunity to have meals at the houses and learn more about Greek life here on campus. Anyways, we toured four houses and learned about the values and traditions at each. Needless to say, I cannot wait until rush in January.

Only 11 more days until Thanksgiving break. What am I thankful for this year? The fact that Butler 1) offers an entire week off for break (yay private school!) and 2) that I have had such an amazing first semester at Butler. Go Dawgs!

by Lynsey Sell

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.