Dear friends of STS —

With the close of this semester I will be ending my short stint as interim director.  I will be replaced by the new permanent director, Dr. Carmen Salsbury.  Dr. Salsbury, who for the past six years has served as chair of the department of biological sciences, brings a lot of energy, a focus on student learning, a wealth of administrative experience, and a passion for studying the behavior of squirrels (In her honor that’s a sciurus carolinensis in the Santa hat).

Dr. Salsbury will take over January 2, but she and I will be working together over the coming months on the transition and on the search for the new full-time STS instructor.  That search is, by the way, going well.  We have received many quality applications, and expect to be bringing finalists to campus in February or March.

I have enjoyed working with so many of you over the last semester, and I look forward to continuing to work with STS as an instructor, advisor and a member of the steering committee.  Have a good holiday, and make sure to come to our STS party on Friday January 17 so the we can welcome our new director.

Stuart Glennan

Looking for something?

Use the form below to search the site:

Still not finding what you're looking for? Drop a comment on a post or contact us so we can take care of it!

Subscribe