The Bible and Music

4/23: Guest Speaker

April 29, 2018 by nduerksen99 · No Comments

On Monday during class we had a guest speaker, Gabrielle Cerberville, come into class and talk to us about her journey in composing and studying music. One of the most interesting things about her visit was the fact that she used her synthethesia to create her pieces, making them look totally unconventional but also perfectly artistic and functional. Her idea for the dome was also really interesting, because I personally never thought of a performance being played above me while I was on the stage inside of a structure. It was a really cool and unique idea that I had definitely never come across before. She also gave us a lot of great insights into the world of a composer and what it’s been like for her since graduating from Butler. I also really enjoyed that when I mentioned finishing my final project that she asked me several follow up questions like the instruments I used and how that’s also a really important part to how a finished piece sounds. I was really excited to share my piece with the class later in the week.

Categories: Uncategorized

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below..