Second Semester Begins!

Today marked the start of the first full week of classes for the second semester.  But honestly, being in college is so different. I look forward to all of my classes for both ‘sets’ of my days.  On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays my two favorite courses are actually not part of my major curriculum.  My First Year Seminar, a Socratic seminar/English class rolled in one, covers the works of Homer and Virgil and other Greek and Roman poets.  This class is interesting to me because I have always enjoyed these stories, and now I am actually learning about them in an in depth, not totally analytical way to all you high school students (because believe me, I got sick of that too).  My other favorite class of the day is my history course that covers the urban development the United States.  Although that or other topics and classes may sound dull, at Butler there is always something that will be interesting because of flexibility in your scheduling and the faculty.  For me though, I love this course.  For my afternoon, I put in a workout at the HRC, which is a great selling point for this school.  For the rest of the afternoon, it was really just my time.  I spent the day doing homework off and on and hanging out with my friends in my room.  The freedom at Butler is amazing.  I stayed on top of my homework throughout the day so my evening consisted of hanging out with all my guys at Ross Hall playing Xbox and watching movies.

By David Korb

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.