Blue’s Blog

Tales from The Trip

Show Me Your Study Spot & Win!

Forget spring, I think summer has arrived on campus! The students went away on spring break and left the spring break weather with me. I’m not really complaining, but I still do have my winter coat on. (Bear with me, there’s prizes to be had…keep reading.)

At any rate, this perfect Bulldog weather has made campus much more open, accessible, lively and fun. The mild winter and now, balmy spring has campus coming to life and staying alive.

I’m seeing students everywhere…and taking their books, notepads, smart phones, laptops, and tablets with them.  From Starbucks, to Irwin Library and all the grass in between, students are truly taking advantage of our beautiful campus.

Where Students StudyMy friends over at Follett (you know, the bookstore people) recently did this study to find out where students tend to crack open the books before the big test. Check out the (er, surprising) top three results from the survey:

1. On the way to class

2. In the restroom.

3. At a party

Hey, no judgment, whatever works for you, I guess.  For me? I need a little bit of a more normal location…and the restroom can be “normal” sometimes. I get it.

Check out the infographic which illustrates student study habits. Mind boggling.

So this got me thinking about my favorite study spot. Somewhere quiet, lots of light, little distractions and a place I know won’t be taken when I get there.

Hinkle Fieldhouse.

While most know Hinkle as a bustling basketball mecca energized on any given evening, I also know the famed barn as a good study spot. Between team practices, the sun streams through the windows and the place is silent besides a few curious tourists taking a peek inside making it a good spot to settle in for hours of studying. ( I have a few more favorite spots around campus too, check out the video below to see them.)

So let’s see/hear your strangest study spots on campus. I’ve heard about Butler students taking over every corner and crevice of campus late into the night during midterm and finals time.

Oh, and here’s your incentive…post a picture of your favorite strangest study spot to the Butler Facebook page. I’ll pick two winners to win $100 bookstore gift cards.

To all of you, students, get your work down so you can go enjoy this great weather. Or, just enjoy the weather while getting your work done. Semester finals are right around the corner! Good luck!

Oh, and here’s a little video showing all of the places I like to study around campus, including Hinkle Fieldhouse.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvJyyE63R-I[/youtube]

Share Your Thoughts!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Good Boy, Blue!

After much anticipation, the Butler Blue children's book, "Good Boy, Blue!" is finally off to print. Butler fans and kids of all ages are sure to love this heartwarming story and iconic illustrations.

Pre-order your copy today!

Get Your Pup a Blue III PetBox

Treat your best friend with a Blue III PetBox! After all, doesn't your dog deserve the very best? Blue III has teamed with PetBox to load up a box each month with the latest and greatest in treats, toys, and pet products. Proceeds benefit Butler's live mascot program too!

Order a Blue III PetBox today!

The Big Dawgs Tour

The Butler University Big Dawgs Tour rides again! From January through March, our beloved Bulldog, Butler Blue III will be venturing away from campus to spread some Butler cheer and follow the men's basketball team as they take on new BIG EAST opponents.

Be sure to follow along and enter yourself into the Big Dawgs Tour Contest!

Copyright ©2012. All Rights Reserved.