Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (Rojava)

I am always on the lookout for Libertarian movements around the world, as I find the people who believe in the decentralization of power and having a government that is purposely handcuffed is a direct ideological challenge to the general world view of the importance of governments. When doing a scan for Libertarian movements in the Middle East I did not expect to find much of anything, but I did.

The region of Rojava has been self autonomous since 2012 with provincial power granted to the provinces in the Democratic federation of Northern Syria. They have drafted a Constitution, hold direct democratic elections, protect religious freedoms, gender equality, environmental protectionist practices the region is also home to multiple ethnic groups, mainly those with no home, like Kurds and Assyrians,

I have not researched the group fully, but my initial impression is that is a really amazing movement despite being in a region we would least expect an anti government, and pro individual freedom movement to exist. I will look in to it further as I am sure it is not all sunshine and rainbows.