圣诞快乐 “Merry Christmas” 12-3-19

While now it is in December and I can be full of Christmas cheer, I thought it would be interesting to look at what this season is like in China. It appears that China isn’t very into the Christmas spirt, only about 1% of the population celebrate it, because only about that percentage is Christian. If it is celebrated, it is typically done in the major cities, because this is where majority of the tourists are at. In this city, the mailman will dress up as Santa the days before Christmas to get into the spirit, which I thought was funny. The odd tradition that they have is on Christmas Eve they will give apples to one another that are wrapped, this is for showing appreciation and friendship towards others.

To me this seems very different, because when December comes around all I look forward to is watching Freeform (ABC Family) 25 Days of Christmas movie marathon that is on all month. Personally, I like majority of them, but one of my favorites is the classic “The Year Without a Santa Claus” when they are Claymation’s. My favorite scene is when they are singing Heat Miser and Ice Miser songs.

Until next time

Patrick