Self Evaluation of Participation

By , October 20, 2010 12:45 pm

I feel that my participation in this class is above average. I participate and contribute better than most students, but not quite at the optimum level that I could. At the same time, the amount of time I spend preparing for this course is appropriate for the amount of hours a week as well as its relevance to my major. I consider myself someone who participates in lectures. Although not quite necessarily the first person to volunteer, I share my opinions and try to lend a unique perspective to the class. This is also something I try to bring to the online discussion forum, although I don’t know that it translates quite as well.

Overall I would rate myself in the following categories as…

Category 1:

2 points

–          I am active in the class as well as the online discussion in a timely matter. While sometimes I do take longer to develop my ideas, I have never completed anything at the last moment.

Category 2:

2 points

–          I feel that I integrate others work fairly substantially and provide citations when necessary. I try to use direct quotes in all of my online postings to bolster my arguments and points.

Category 3:

2 points

–          I feel I always try and relate class activities or topics in our readings back to my classroom experiences or how I might use these ideas in the future in my own classroom with success.

Category 4:

1.33

–          This is the area where I could use more improvement. While I think my responses are fair and well thought out, I think I could contribute more to the overall discussions by commenting and challenging my classmates in a more constructive manner.

Category 5:

2 points

–          Admittedly I do make a few errors occasionally, but I think it is never to the detriment of my ideas or points. After all, no one is perfect, we all should edit our work carefully.

Panorama Theme by Themocracy