Int’l Festival 11/7

On Thursday November 7th I volunteered at the International Festival held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. I really had no idea what to expect going in, I was first surprised by the largeness of the event and the amount of different cultural centers in Indianapolis. I was volunteering with the IACA so I went behind the IACA booth and talked to visitors about the IACA and the lion dance. Also, I was given time to walk around the venue and check out the other stuff that was going on. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of good food on display. I went to the Turkish booth and got some cheese rolls and a crepe, both were very good. I liked how just buying that food gave me an opportunity to have a conversation with the people working the Turkish booth. The last thing that I did on Thursday was a performance on stage at the festival. My job in the performance consisted of waving a flag behind the drummers on stage. Obviously, this is not a very challenging task but it was a good experience to be on stage. This was not my last day volunteering, I will post another reflection for Saturday.