Lucky Lou? No, Lucky You

As a part of the website we hope to construct for this course, my group and I wanted to dedicate a section to Chinese food in Indianapolis. We not only wanted to try it ourselves and experience a little bit more of an authentic culture compared to Panda Express (which is great and I would never sleep on it), but we also wanted to give you real reviews you can trust more so than the moms who write and yelp and the Karens who just want to speak to a manager. Last night we kicked off of our feasting with Lucky Lou Seafood and Dimsum over off 38th and Lafayette Road, maybe 10 minutes from campus.

We ended up getting some chicken fried rice, sesame chicken, beef lo mein, veggies, and pot stickers to share. We thought it was a little expensive looking at the prices, but when they brought us our food we knew we would have meals for days. I really loved the sesame chicken, the sauce was awesome and the complete right consistency and viscosity, I do not even want to know how much sugar is in it. I personally found the chicken fried rice very bland, but I tend to prefer fried rice from a Japanese steakhouse where they cook it hibachi style, so I do not think much will compare. The pot stickers were pork and veggie and they definitely held their own. Overall, the restaurant was really quite authentic for being in a rundown strip mall in the Westside of Indy. They had some of the more ornate décor and had Chinese pop music videos playing on the television. If you are struggling to imagine this, think any pop song you have ever heard, MTV playing 2000s style music videos, and then a traditional Chinese restaurant. It was quite an experience, but overall the food was good, and I would have like to have tried more of a sampler platter or had a bigger group where we all got different things. Would recommend if you are into more authentic Chinese takeout.