Reflection Of My Service Time At Nur-Allah.

I am so thankful that I was placed at Nur-Allah for my Indianapolis Community Requirement. I was a little bit hesitant my first time going to the Mosque for the service. But, I was met with nothing but open-arms and kindness. Also, I am not the best with kids because I have never really been around younger children, but that all went okay too. Week after week I thoroughly enjoyed learning about a different culture, religion, and different people. I basically knew nothing about Islam before starting this volunteering here, but I can say that I have learned so much from the people at the mosque. I learned that Islam is a beautiful religion that is portrayed very wrongly at times. I enjoyed helping out in any way that I could at the Mosque, whether it was cleaning out the fridge, playing with the younger children, or organizing a cabinet. The people at the mosque have a lot to do with not a huge budget, so it was great to help in little ways. I am going to miss serving at the mosque dearly. The sisters and brothers that I met were truly some of the kindest, open-minded, and great people that I have ever met. I can’t wait to visit again next semester and see the kids and the sisters. I can not put into words how impactful this service experience was and I am so thankful that I got to do it.