Sep 13 2011

Butler Block A Students to Begin Practicum!

Posted at 8:22 am under School 60

Block A Students Pose for Photo in the Courtyard

A key feature of the IPS/Butler University Laboratory School is our collaboration with Butler University.  A part of that collaboration includes a 15 credit hour course called Block A.  This teaching methods course focuses on young children, literacy, math, Reggio inspired practice and project-based learning.  The course takes place on-site at our school in a classroom designed for college students, but the students will also have a practicum experience in our classrooms.  The preschool classroom will have three Butler students while each of the k-1 classrooms will have four students assigned to them.  The Butler students will (with a few schedule changes) be in our classrooms every Wednesday for the entire day.  Wednesday, September 14th will be the first full-day for the Butler students in our classrooms following a brief visit yesterday.  The teachers and children are as excited as our Butler students for this experience to begin!  The following comments by Block A students summarize how they are feeling about this opportunity:

“I walked into the classroom today and the children just put me at ease.  I felt so comfortable in the room; almost like it was my own.  I cannot wait to jump in!” – Katie Jones

“As soon as I walked into the classroom, a child ran up to me and gave me a huge hug.  That was the beginning of many hugs during my visit!  I have found my home for the semester!” – Colleen Wilson

“I can’t wait to start working with the kids!  I know I will learn so much from them as we learn together.  I was estatic today when I met two young girls whose interests are after those of my own heart – weddings, singing, dancing and family.  I am excited to make more connections with the kids.” – Amy Gaisser

“I am so excited to begin working with the students.  They were so full of wonderful energy and excitement.  I can’t wait to see what they are going to teach me!” – Kaitlyn Love

“I am overwhelmed with emotions.  Emotions of joy, happiness and excitement.  Emotions of unsure possibilities and unplanned paths.  I cannot wait to start this journey and to experience more and more of these emotions.” – Courtney Boyle

“How blessed I am to have the opportunity to work with these amazing students.  I can’t wait to start learning from them.” – Elyse Estridge

“Even though I only spent a few short minutes in Mrs. Argus’ classroom, it is clear to me that this is a special community.  They are not just a teacher and her students, but friends.  I’m so excited to grow together with them.” – Megan Rogg

“You know those moments when something good is about to happen…yeah, this is one of those!” – Chris Henderson

No responses yet

Comments RSS