Jan 12 2012

Games

Posted at 8:11 pm under Clark,School 60

It was a special day in yoga today.  This afternoon Mrs. Williams taught the kids a yoga version of musical chairs.  They walked around in a circle.  Instead of chairs there were different pictures of yoga poses.  When the music stopped they kids had to look down and do whatever pose was in front of them.

Yoga Musical Chairs

While we did play this game, I am sure that many of you are hearing about the games we play everyday.  This year, in our morning meeting, we have a section that is devoted to games or activities.  During these 5 to 7 minutes we play games that work on community building.  They are fun, but they require thinking and cooperation.  Some of these activities are Boo-ga-loo, Dance-off, Woof, and many more! (While I could explain each one it might be more entertaining to ask your child!)  The kids have to depend on each other to complete the tasks.  When they trust each other it helps build our classroom community.  I am proud to say that they have really taken these games on.  They get excited and will gladly work together on anything I present to them!

Max and CJ work together to play "Woof."

No responses yet

Comments RSS