Aug 20 2012

Crystal Speeder, new friends, morning message, and math notebooks

Posted at 5:17 pm under School 60

So…when I went into school this morning our dear friend Crystal Speeder was not doing very well so I decided to let it go because I did not want to make it worse. A few friends asked about Crystal Speeder, but the newness of today kept their minds off of our friend. Fare thee well Crystal Speeder!

We welcomed three new friends in our class today! Noah, Sarah, and Danielle did such an amazing job just jumping in and joining us in the various parts of the day! I was so proud of them, and I was so proud of our friends for being so supportive and welcoming to our new friends!

Today we began something new we will do each day. Sometimes it takes a while at the bathroom in the morning so we have begun doing our Morning Message in the hallway. I already wrote the message today, and it included three words that will be on our Word Wall: is, you, we The children wrote in one of the journals you provided. It is called the Morning Message. Not all of the children got it all done, but we will do this every morning so we will see a progression from each child with their writing! They seemed to really enjoy this time and it helped make the bathroom time go quicker.

Today we also introduced math notebooks. These math notebooks will be something the children will do four days out of the week. Today I put a simple addition problem because I wanted the children to get the procedures of how we are going to do it each day. We have been talking about the various tools we can use to help us solve problems so the math notebook is somewhere where we can write down the strategy we used to solve the problem. We will begin differentiating the problems once we get the procedures down (which will be soon because the children did awesome today!!) I look forward to showing you the progress of each child with their problem solving!

20120820-171631.jpg

20120820-171706.jpg

20120820-171712.jpg

No responses yet

Comments RSS