Sign Up for Spring 2016 Business Research Workshop

By , December 9, 2015 12:00 pm

Sign up now for the Spring 2016 Business Research Workshop sponsored by Butler University Libraries. This free workshop provides training on business information resources that can be freely accessed after graduation, including government search portals, industry and trade sites, and public library offerings for the business community.  Students also learn about advanced Google search techniques for business research.

Photo of six of the students who participated in the Fall 2015 Business Research Workshop holding their certificates of completion

Six of the ten participants in the Fall 2015 Business Research Workshop

This non-credit workshop is open to Butler students, faculty, and staff. Taught by Butler Business Librarian Teresa Williams, the workshop meets four times (two face-to-face meetings and two via Moodle).

Previous participants report the workshop has had immediate benefits.  According to one student, “It has given me a big edge in classes when it comes to research projects and other assignments!  I am able to share parts of what I learned with other students to help them out as well.”

For another student, ehealth pharmacy the workshop was a point of distinction in a job interview. “I have it on my resume and when I was in a job interview I was able to talk about it, and the company seemed interested in what I had done with it and learned from it.”

For more information about participating in the Business Research Workshop, please contact Teresa Williams at twilliam@butler.edu.

Be Sociable, Share!

Panorama Theme by Themocracy