ICR – Nur Allah

This past Sunday I was working at my ICR, which is the Nur Allah Islamic Center. They have a weekend school there, which is what I usually help out with. It is very similar to sunday school in the Christian church. At the school they teach about Islam and all the prayers, as well as teaching the students Arabic, and how to read and write in that language. They have a wide variety of ages, from kindergarten/pre-school age all the way to a senior in high school. This week I was working with the smaller children to help them learn how to write in English, as well as how to recognize different Arabic numbers and letters. These kids are very smart, and going to work with them is honestly one of my favorite parts of the week. This week I was working with the smaller children and was very pleased by the growth they have shown! At the beginning of our time there they were struggling with some English words, and on Sunday they were able to write full words and recognize some Arabic letters! Overall I really enjoy going to Nur Allah, and I will be sad when the semester ends and I won’t be able to see these kids anymore!