Egyptian Revolutions

Something that I find myself guilty of is seeing that there is a revolution in the Middle East and passing by the news as if it is nothing new. I dislike the fact that I have become immune to news of uprisings in the Middle East and I think this stems from a lack of understanding of what each group is fighting for. I decided to look up/create a timeline of the uprisings in Egypt after reading about the history of the uprisings in “No god but God”

I found this article that helped me understand the timeline of the 2011 events: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2011/01/201112515334871490.html

Furthermore, after Hosni Mubarak was removed from office, the military gained control of the country and was succeeded by Mohammed Morsi who created an extreme division in the country leading to his eventual removal from office. Ever since the Spring of 2011, Egypt has had a very tumultuous government with many changes. The instability of the Egyptian government plays a big role in the stability of the rest of the country. Tourism and revenue severely declined in 2011 and 2015-2017 due to the revolutions and uprisings in the country.