Feb 29 2012

Next Week

Posted at 1:39 pm under School 60

Next week, I will be traveling to The Opal School in Portland, Oregon with several other colleagues from The IPS/Butler University Laboratory School. We will be engaging in some professional development to enhance our teaching skills and also be visiting a school that is very highly regarded in project based and Reggio inspired learning. I am so sad to leave the class for an entire week but know, with full confidence, that things will be in good hands with Miss Schmidt and all of our Butler support. Today, Miss Schmidt and I talked to the kids about what would be happening and assured them that I would be back the next week. We talked a little bit about Portland and where it is and the kids were interested in how long it would take (on an airplane, imagine that!) for me to get there. Sascha also suggested the class keeps track of the weather in Portland and the weather in Indy and note any similarities and differences. What a fabulous idea! I will be checking in with Miss Schmidt daily and also check my email on a daily basis while I am on the trip. I feel so fortunate to be a part of a school where professional development such as this is possible- and so fortunate that I have a wonderful student teacher who will lead our troops wonderfully -AND wonderful children and families who are supportive of my growth as well as their own. Have a wonderful evening!

No responses yet

Comments RSS