Feb 05 2013

Final Drafts

Posted at 7:04 pm under Bucher

A couple of weeks ago, I had a great discussion with the children about why they were not doing final drafts anymore, and there were so many great responses during this open discussion.  Some friends discussed that they work so hard on their rough drafts that they cannot imagine doing another copy.  I asked the friends if there was anything that we could do to help support thtem, and there were not many suggestions.

The next day I offered that if they wanted to do a published/final draft, we could type it out and then they could focus on the illustrations.  Boy, did that spark an interest!  Since that conversation, we have friends doing final drafts left and right.  I have to say too the quality of their work has increased because they are so excited to have a typed out final draft to share with others.

Heaven today while reading me her story shared that she is going to do another final draft after the one she started today because she loves this story so much.

I am proud for multiple reasons:  that we can have open conversations about their work, that they are really wanting to elevate their own work, and they are excited to work on all parts of the writing process-planning, writing, publishing.

dollhouse isaac

No responses yet

Comments RSS