Listed below are the Basic Technology Standards which are expected of each Information Common Assistant and Associate.
Basic Technology Standards
Basic operation of various technologies
- Competent in the use of technology, including desktop computing, mobile computing, digital video, and social media
Ethical technology use
- Understand copyright infringements and promote ethical use of ideas
- Practice responsible use of technology and information
- Use technology to create instructional documents, presentations, etc.
- Organize and analyze data
- Work collaboratively with peers and mentors
- Communicate across a variety of media, including written instruction, email, in person, video instruction, and training presentations
- Judge what sources will produce relevant information
- Craft appropriate key word searches
- Analyze and evaluate data and research for relevancy and accuracy
- Correctly site information resources
- Encounter real-world problems and collaborate to create a solution
- Develop ideas to increase efficiency using technology
My last shift at IC for the year. Its kinda bitter sweet. Today i helped Michelle with the moodle site and updating it.
Today was my last day in the library for the semester!
Good luck with finals everybody!
Today I met with Erica and Michelle to discuss the future of the Promo Video and some suggestions they had about the video.
I got inspired to study for my Religions class
I began writing a paper
I helped a lot of people print and did some research on Butler Library page
today i organized the black cabinet and recorded everything we have in there as of today. And i helped Michelle organize the the ipad cord cabinet
Today I finished Dreamweaver and finished the quiz and experimented with photoshop. I then helped organize and take inventory of the black cabinet and picked up my summer reading book. Have a great summer everyone!
I helped with a computer problem, filled the paper in the copier, and assisted with a research question.
I looked closer at my finals schedule and all of the papers I have to write to see what amount of work I can fit in… not much
I found some incredible blogs about professional development that focus on developing self
I connected on LinkedIn to my previous intern bosses.
Today I learned how to reset the iPads and restore them to their original settings. I also ran an errand for Chasadee over to the Holcomb building. Around 3:45 I set up a Panopto recording for a GHS class, and then took it down. Also, worked on this Dreamweaver project that I keep on fighting with (not literally, but the computer and I had some disagreements). To whomever is going to be my supervisor for next semester, if you could change it so that my Dreamweaver project will continue into next semester would be awesome because I will not be able to finish it in the next 20 minutes. Last but not least, I got the IC reading book. Woohoo! Have a wonderful summer everyone!