a story by [hailey]

Albinia Blake. That’s my name. I don’t repeat myself, so listen closely.

I killed an assassin, Andrew Daniels, and his brother, Daniel, came after me. I suppose I should have killed them both.

***

I was walking to the store and as usual, I had my wig on with my pistols, Jack and Jill, hidden in my Cloak of Invisibility. (I wish she really made me invisible, but that’s only her name.) A black van drove past me three times. I hoped it wasn’t that girl I told to “cash me outside.” I didn’t feel like killing on an empty stomach. A man came up to me and asked me if I wanted a free sample of ice cream. Chocolate mint vanilla swirl. I should’ve known better but ice cream is ice cream!

As I walked away with the sample, I felt a presence shivering up my back. I dropped the ice cream instantly—although it was too late because he tased me and stomped on my foot—and dang it, I hate it when they do that! I dislocated his arm with my ninja-power-like moves, but he grabbed my wig and I fell with disappointment. My darkest (…or lightest, I guess) secret was revealed…

*dun dun dunnn*

I’m albino. I hide my true colors because I can’t bear to look myself in the eyes. Then, he pistol-whipped me in the head—and I woke up in a strange, stinky place.

It was dark for a few minutes but finally, the lights turned on. I felt like a 403 in church—I was sweating bullets. When I looked around, I saw scalpels, saws, machetes, hammers, and guns. Then I spotted the man I thought I killed. Wth? I thought.

“Didn’t I kill you?” I asked, confused, but he just stared at me awhile. I hate that.

“Boo!” I yelled, “What chu starin’ at?”

Still quiet.

“Can you at least give me my wig back?”

“No,” he said. “I’m debating on killing or keeping you.”

“…is this a Febreze commercial?”

He laughed a frightening laugh. “Ha! No one is going to miss you, you hideous snowflake.”

Maybe he’s right, I thought and began to cry. I found myself in a deep place. I didn’t want to go on much longer.

“Just grab one of the guns and pull the trigger,” I said. But then I realized… I still wanted that dang ice cream!

Again, he laughed. “No. You’re going to go through what my brother went through – a slow painful death.”

Huh? “What do you mean?” I asked. Dang these chains hurt, I thought. If I do plan to get out of here after all, these chains would be a problem—so would my throbbing foot.

As I looked around, he said, “You can stop thinking about escape. And as you must know, you killed by twin brother, Andrew.”

“I’m Albinia Blake. I kill whoever I want or am assigned to.”

“Assigned?”

Ha. He doesn’t know everything, I thought. “You silly boy. I’m an assassin. Your bother was number one on the hit list.” I said. “No hard feelings? Can you loosen my chains? They’re starting to make my wrists sore. I really don’t plan on killing you—you weren’t on my list,” I added. At least you weren’t until you made me drop that ice cream, I thought.

He didn’t reply, grabbing the wheeled table instead, and pushed me into another room with no weapons.

“Where are we going? Where are you taking me?” I asked.

“Girl, if you want to be free, I’m not letting you out in a room full of weapons. You’re an assassin,” Daniel replied.

He closed the door to the new room, but I noticed he left it unlocked. This was my chance. He took me out of the chains.

“Finally!” I sighed, exaggerating. I rubbed my wrists and checked on my foot as I rubbed my ankle. It’s gonna hurt like h***, but it’ll have to work, I thought.

I shot him a dirty look, and shook my head. As I stood up, testing out my foot, he said, “You don’t really need that wig and makeup, ya know. You’re beautiful the way you are.”

Wth? “Are you trying to be funny?” I asked, “‘Cause I’m not laughin’.”

“No, I’m serious,” he replied.

“Seriously?! You stomped on my foot, tased me, and tried to kill me—and now you’re trying to call me cute?!”

I ran at him and shoved his head into the brick wall. He looked woozy and so I chained him to the table I’d been on before. Then I ran out the door as fast as I could. I grabbed Jack and Jill from the weapon room, along with a sniper rifle from the wall, and headed out of the room. I have to find a way out, I thought.

All I could see was darkness, so I started feeling around with my hands. In the distance, I saw a little light. I walked farther toward it and saw that it was a door to the outside. Relieved, I walked through it.

I was appalled by what I saw. Dead bodies lying on dead bodies. Thousands sliced to pieces. None of them made it out of the room like I did.

Then I felt a breath on the back of my neck. Instantly, I turned around and pointed Jack and Jill at him.

“I tried to be friendly with all of you, but you still spit in my face, like I’m the bad guy,” he said, panting. As I kept the guns pointed at his chest, he began to explain his young life to me. When he was a child, his father often beat his mother in front of him. Eventually he killed her and cut her up into many pieces. He spread her out in their back yard behind the tall wooden fence.

I interrupted him, “Where was your brother when all this was happening?”

“He was with friends,” Daniel replied.

My gun slowly lowered and I shed a tear. While my guard was down he tried to attack me but I pull Jack up and shot him. I would never have known if the story was true if I hadn’t looked it up.

When I looked up the Daniels family, I found out his father got the death penalty after killed his mother and trying to kill Andrew. It seemed Daniel may never have known about this because he was immediately put into a psych ward until her turned 30 and was released. When he got out, he was informed by Andrew’s contractor that I had killed him.

After I found all this out, I quit the business and went on record. I became an author and decided to tell my story about Danial Daniels and his amazing hostile craziness.

Tagged with: