Nov 29 2011

A Pillow for Mrs. Williams

Posted at 8:40 pm under Clark,School 60

Yesterday, Mrs. Williams was not at school because she was sick.  As many of you know Mrs. Williams has been in our classroom since September.  She is with us everyday to help.  Like anyone in our classroom community, when she is absent we all miss her.  So when I told the kids that she was sick, they came up with the idea to make her a pillow.  While we make the pillow yesterday (so the pictures are from Monday), we gave it to Mrs. Williams when she returned today.

From a teacher’s perspective, this was a wonderful moment to watch. Knowing, that the kids worked cooperatively together in small groups to make something for a person in need is so special.  At this moment, the kids realized they have the power to help.  If nothing else, I hope this story warms your heart like I believe it did for myself and Mrs. Williams.

Kristien, Sophia, and Reid are working together to cut out the fabric for the pillow.

BreAnna and Tylisha are working together to close the pillow that a few others stuffed with feathers and yarn.

The finished pillow! Yes, there is a little duct tape, but three of the sides are sewed.

No responses yet

Comments RSS