Home Men's Golf Butler Men’s Golf lost season

Butler Men’s Golf lost season

1603
0
SHARE

By Nick Kuster

The Butler Men’s Golf team had their 2020 spring season taken away from them due to the COVID-19 pandemic that is sweeping the nation.

The Bulldogs were poised for a solid season as they returned  both All-Conference second team selections Patrick Allgeier and Logan Sabins. Both Allgeier and Sabins were seniors going into their last season with the Bulldogs.

The only good news to come out of spring sports being canceled was that athletes have been granted a fifth year of eligibility by the NCAA.

I spoke to Allgeier about using his fifth year option along with where his head was at when he found out that he lost his last season.

What was your immediate reaction following the cancellation of spring sports?

Allgeier: “My main reaction was shocked and sad, because I didn’t get to cherish the moment of playing in my last college event with my team. I was shocked because of the cancellation of all spring sports wasn’t what I had in mind, but looking back and even when they made the decision, I knew it was the right choice, because you don’t want to have people’s health at risk.”