Blue’s Blog

Tales from The Trip

Rhonda Hart

Blue 2 America’s Dog, a big title for a big hearted fellow. I used to be a University of Kentucky fan, but within the last few years I have changed my loyalty to Butler. My dad and I watched basketball together for many years, he was raised in Kentucky and was also a fan of them. But Kentucky’s one and done philosophy did not set well with either one of us. We started watching Butler the year before they went to the final 4 for the first time. We both were impressed with coach Stephens, but I fell in love with the handsome bulldog mascot. At the time I owned my 1st bulldog, she was the greatest, Blue you were also loved by my dad too. I lost my bully in August of 2010, after almost 12 years, the heart break was unimaginable. Then a few months later I lost my dad. I couldn’t imagine watching basketball with out him but Butler and Blue 2 were impossible not to watch. My daughter and I attend the retirement party and brought him some presents. My daughter had her picture taken with both Blue and Trip. I have them proudly displayed at home and in my office. That was such a great day to meet the wonderful creature that helped me through a very tough period in my life. His passing has brought back so many memories of Flappy Jo’s death. I have shed a lot of tears for him. My heart breaks for his family, Mike for all the time with his oldest son, his wife for her love for the two of them. My heart really aches for Master Everett, my daughter was 6 when my baby died and Master Everett is a lot younger. He will miss his friend for a long time. Luckily he has Trip to be there for him. Rest in Peace Butler Blue 2, I will always have a fondness in my heart for the wonderful mascot that helped me through the most difficult time of my life. Trip you learned from the best and you will make your own legacy at Butler. I can’t wait for basketball this year and to see Trip on the floor honoring his brother and mentor Blue 2. Well done Blue, Good Job, and God bless, see you and Flappy in heaven with my dad. @rjhart1225

Good Boy, Blue!

After much anticipation, the Butler Blue children's book, "Good Boy, Blue!" is finally off to print. Butler fans and kids of all ages are sure to love this heartwarming story and iconic illustrations.

Pre-order your copy today!

Get Your Pup a Blue III PetBox

Treat your best friend with a Blue III PetBox! After all, doesn't your dog deserve the very best? Blue III has teamed with PetBox to load up a box each month with the latest and greatest in treats, toys, and pet products. Proceeds benefit Butler's live mascot program too!

Order a Blue III PetBox today!

The Big Dawgs Tour

The Butler University Big Dawgs Tour rides again! From January through March, our beloved Bulldog, Butler Blue III will be venturing away from campus to spread some Butler cheer and follow the men's basketball team as they take on new BIG EAST opponents.

Be sure to follow along and enter yourself into the Big Dawgs Tour Contest!

Copyright ©2012. All Rights Reserved.