Blue’s Blog

Tales from The Trip

‘Hi, I’m Blue II and I’ll be Your Tour Guide’

It seems that in addition to “official mascot” I might need to add “tour guide” to my job description because I sure have been giving quite a few tours lately. Don’t tell the Butler University Office of Admission though because I kind of like just taking naps all day and with their tour schedule, my poor paws would be worn thin!

So why the tours, you ask? Well, for special occasions, of course, but you know I am going to give you the scoop. And, fortunately for you these tours have been captured on film so you’ll get to experience them as well!

Party at My Crib!

Speaking of the Office of Admission, they have a little contest on campus for students to create video tours of their Butler “cribs.” The winners get a prize for their efforts and prospective students get a glimpse of what residential life at Butler is all about. Pretty clever, except, someone had to explain to me that a “crib” is more than what my Baby Bro sleeps in at night. Oh, the kids and their slang.

So I figured I’d get in on the act and show everyone my Butler “crib” which is really just my office, but whatever. It’s where I eat, sleep and generally reside when I’m on campus, so it counts. So without further adieu, I present to you, my Butler “crib.”

Well, what do you think? I know, you were expecting pantries full of Holistic Select, refrigerators loaded with ice cream, lush dog beds, and toy chests spilling over with rawhide bones and squeaky toys, but this isn’t MTV Cribs, this is Butler Cribs…we’re on a budget.

Just make sure you go here and give me a vote: www.butler.edu/cribs Thanks!

What do You do with a Jimmy Fallon on Your Back?

Now, the other tour and this one has a longer back story, but I’ll sum it up by saying that I’m shamelessly stalking Jimmy Fallon and the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon staff. Reason being, Jimmy is bringing the Late Night program to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl and filming four shows while he’s in town.

It just so happens that its been 10 years since Jimmy last set foot on Butler’s campus when he did a stand-up comedy routine in Clowes Hall. Thus the Twitter hashtag, #JimmyBacktoButler and our effort to get him to include Butler on one or all of those shows.

Plus, I’m portable and seem to be a boost for television ratings, so I’m letting it be known to Jimmy and friends that I’d like to personally make an appearance on the show…you know, to help him out and whatnot. That’s where the Twitter hashtag #Blue2onLateNight comes in.

We’re basically trying to make it impossible for Jimmy to ignore us. We did this dancing video, have had some Jimmy riddles on campus and now we’re writing thank you notes to the guy too. All schmooze, but why not? We’re not playing in the Super Bowl, so we might as well get on late night TV!

So anyway, what do you do when you find yourself with a Jimmy Fallon on your back? Well, you give him a campus tour, of course!

Stay tuned as we keep working the Jimmy Fallon – Butler University connection. I really want on that show, so I’m pulling out all of the stops.

In the meantime, well, I’m not planning any more tours, so for the rest of campus, I give you the campus map. Enjoy!

Go Dawgs!

Blue II

Share Your Thoughts!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Good Boy, Blue!

After much anticipation, the Butler Blue children's book, "Good Boy, Blue!" is finally off to print. Butler fans and kids of all ages are sure to love this heartwarming story and iconic illustrations.

Pre-order your copy today!

Get Your Pup a Blue III PetBox

Treat your best friend with a Blue III PetBox! After all, doesn't your dog deserve the very best? Blue III has teamed with PetBox to load up a box each month with the latest and greatest in treats, toys, and pet products. Proceeds benefit Butler's live mascot program too!

Order a Blue III PetBox today!

The Big Dawgs Tour

The Butler University Big Dawgs Tour rides again! From January through March, our beloved Bulldog, Butler Blue III will be venturing away from campus to spread some Butler cheer and follow the men's basketball team as they take on new BIG EAST opponents.

Be sure to follow along and enter yourself into the Big Dawgs Tour Contest!

Copyright ©2012. All Rights Reserved.